Top things to do in Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay, located along the stunning coast of California, offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy. Here are some top things to do in Half Moon Bay:
Explore the Beaches:
• Spend a relaxing day at Half Moon Bay State Beach, known for its long stretches of sandy shores and beautiful coastal views.
• Visit Pillar Point Harbor Beach for tidepooling, beachcombing, and views of the iconic Pillar Point Bluff.
Hike the Coastal Trails:
• Take a hike along the coastal trails, such as the Half Moon Bay Coastside Trail, which offers scenic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal bluffs.
• If you visit in October, don't miss the annual Half Moon Bay Art and Pumpkin Festival, one of the largest pumpkin festivals in the world.
Visit the Historic Main Street:
• Explore the charming historic downtown area with its shops, galleries, and cafes. Main Street offers a laid-back atmosphere and a chance to discover local art and culture.
• Head to Pillar Point Harbor for a variety of water activities, including kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, and boat tours.
• Discover the local wineries in the Half Moon Bay area. The coastal climate contributes to unique and flavorful wines.
Mavericks Beach and Surfing:
• For surfing enthusiasts, Mavericks Beach is famous for its big wave surfing. Even if you're not a surfer, watching the waves can be awe-inspiring.
Golf at Half Moon Bay Golf Links:
• Play a round of golf at the Half Moon Bay Golf Links, offering scenic ocean views on two championship courses.
• Enjoy horseback riding along the coastal trails or on the beach with guided tours available in the area.
Visit Filoli Historic House & Garden:
• As mentioned before, Filoli is a short drive away. Explore the historic mansion and the meticulously manicured gardens for a journey through time and horticultural artistry.
Coastside Farmers' Markets:
• Check out one of the local farmers' markets for fresh, seasonal produce, artisanal goods, and a taste of the region's culinary offerings.
Pescadero State Beach:
• Venture a bit south to Pescadero State Beach, known for its rocky shoreline, tidepools, and the nearby Pigeon Point Lighthouse.