Clean + Safe
Stay Small! Stay Safe!
After carefully following the guidance of local and state officials, we have reopened the Nantucket Whale Inn, Half Moon Bay. We look forward to welcoming guests back to the Coastside. We are taking reservations online and by phone at 650 726-1616.
Safety and cleanliness are always our top priority. We believe that we are one of the safest properties in the area. In response to changing marketplace conditions, we have developed comprehensive cleaning and physical distancing protocols as well as revised service offerings. Please note that rooms are left vacant at least 24 hours before new guests check in.:This protocol is strongly recommended by the California Hotel and Lodging Association and we are one of the few lodging properties in the area taking this extra safety measure..
CLEANLINESS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Our staff has received new training and education for new cleaning processes throughout the Inn. We have more frequent and intensive cleaning for all surfaces in all public areas as well as all guest rooms.
- All Guests and Employees will have temperature taken at arrival.
- Throws, extra pillows and non-essential items have been temporarily removed from guest rooms.
- All occupied guest rooms will only be serviced after each guest has checked out. David will assist guests for requests for additional towels, bathroom amenities and all other items.
- Guest rooms will be vacant 24 hours before guests check-in and 24 hours after guests check-out.
- Nantucket Whale Inn has implemented stringent sterilization and "no-contact" check-in and check-out processes.
- Hand Sanitizer is provided in Public Areas and all guest rooms.
- Within San Mateo County & California, it is currently required that a face covering be worn indoors at a public space. We are kindly asking all guests to comply for the safety of others when in the public areas of the Inn. Please bring your own masks. (Masks are available upon request for a nominal fee).
- Our staff will be checked daily for their health and wellness, before serving you.
- Guests are asked to maintain proper social distancing while on property for the safety of everyone. That means maintaining a distance of 6 feet between social units.
- Only registered guests are allowed on the property.
- Should you experience any flu-like symptoms during or within 14 days before or after your stay we ask you inform us to ensure the health and safety of all guests and staff.
- We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel COVID-19 and are following their guidelines and orders from our local state and county health departments.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICES
- Daily Breakfast will be served. Seating times will be staggered to maintain Social Distancing. There is no indoor dining at this time. Therefore, a modified Grab & Go or outdoor dining may be provided.
- Until further notice, we will be offering a “Welcome Glass of Wine” for guests to enjoy in lieu of our traditional wine and cheese hour.
- We are asking guests to not have take-out food delivered or brought to the Inn.